1. You need a serving bowl for the canned cranberry sauce.
2. A vintage tablecloth or a large piece of fabric will pick up spills and can later be used for sewing.
3. Are you certain you own a gravy boat? Who decided to call them boats, anyways?
4. Where are all those annoying cousins going to sit? Extra chairs for your guests can be found for $5 a pop.
5. I bet you can find a nice used paper turkey centerpiece at Salvation Army.
6. You’ve brought all of your plants in from the cold. Time to take them out of the terra cotta. Or, take a cutting for a cheat on fresh flowers.
7. You might as well decorate for Christmas while you’re out there! There is absoultely, positively no reason to buy Christmas decorations new.
8. Check the bric-a-brac section for a football to toss around in the backyard. Or, if you’re like me, the busy Chicago street. Try not to get hit.
9. Picture frames! Hurry up and get prints of your in-laws for the walls.
10. After all that, you need a “new” dress. Or if you’re a guy who cares about this stuff, a “new” jacket.