Twenty Steps to Bliss
1. Get up early on Saturday morning.
2. Call best friend.
3. Have a quick bite at the Flying Saucer in Humboldt Park.
4. Head to the secret store.
5. Remember that there’s no electricity, no heat and guard dogs.
6. Thank God you brought gloves.
7. Find twenty or so crates of vintage restaurant-ware.
8. Realize that said ware is covered in dirt, ice and paint chips.
9. Worry about asbestos exposure.
10. Stomp feet to keep warm.
11. Perform acrobatics to get to each crate.
12. Sift for over an hour.
13. Find an old laundry basket, fill it to the brim and bring it to the front.
14. Get quoted $20. Don’t even bother to haggle.
15. Drive home on Cloud 9.
16. Throw away gloves.
17. Use hot water and bleach on your dishware.
18. Lay out overnight.
19. Photograph with glee.
20. Plan a giveaway for Wednesday.
Did you find anything good at the thrift this weekend? Happy Monday!